Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Few Words From Travis...




Travis Barker, who survived a deadly plane crash along with DJ AM on September 19, opened up with US Weekly about his hate for planes and his recovery.


Having been too afraid to get on another plane in order to fly from Georgia back home to Los Angeles, Travis opted to travel by bus with his ex-wife Shanna Moakler. Taking a moment to speak from the Grossman Burn Center in Los Angeles on October 6 he said, "I hate planes. My biggest fear ever is to be involved in a plane crash, so when that happened ... well, I'm just thankful to be alive! I'm just grateful to be here at all."


When asked how he was doing Travis said, "I am doing the best I can possibly be. I'm so anxious to get out of here. ...I've just been in surgery after surgery. I have third degree burns basically from my feet up to my waist and both hands. One of my hands was second degree burns and one was third degree burns. I'm trying to have a quick recovery and play the drums again and be able to hold my kids again. [Travis has two children, Landon, 5, and Alabama, 2, with Shanna] I'm going nuts not being able to see them and spend time with them!"


Travis, who had been a vegetarian for more than 25 years, become a meat-eater again in order to speed up the healing process. When asked why he chose to do this his response was, "I need protein from food rather than just protein supplements. I changed my diet. I would do anything I possibly could if they said like, 'There's a possibility you might heal faster if you do eat meat or just change your eating habits.' So I did. I don't regret it at all, I feel so much better."


When asked how long he expected to be in the hospital he said, "Oh gosh, I hope not much longer. I sit here and I read books and watch TV. I think if this surgery went well, I'll be here for at most two weeks."


Poor guy wants to go home. Get well soon Travis! Lots of love!


Digg!

No comments: