Saturday, September 6, 2008

You Probably Believe In Bigfoot


Yesterday after I posted the story about the guy finding and then them selling the original Hendrix burnt guitar that had gone missing since 1967, I had a phone conversation with one of my friends ( lets call him Bill) who is a Jimi enthusiast/guitar collector.

Me: Hey, so did you hear about Jimi's guitar that they found and just sold?

Bill: Are you an idiot? I can't believe you wrote about that.

Me: Wha? Whadya mean?

Bill: You are soo dumb. You probably believe in Bigfoot.

Me: Huh? What are you talking about?

Bill: I can't believe you wrote that. I can't believe you fell for that. God you're stupid.

Me: Huh?

Bill: Do you really think that that guitar has been LOST this whole time and that Hank just happened to pull it outa gramma's garage? Gimme a break. You're so stupid.

(Side note: Bill and I often refer to people we don't know and sometimes people we do know, with made up names like Hank or Charles and sometimes we call each other these names too)

Me: How do you know it's not true?

Bill: How about the million red flags that are flying? People try to do that shit all the time. How many people find a painting in someones dirty garage and say it's a Picasso or some crap like that. It happens all of the time.

Me: But I thought the guy was supposed to be a friend of Jimi's and have some sort of a relationship. Why would he do that?

Bill: Gimme a break

Me: Oh................................ So, you don't think it's true then?

Bill: You make me sick.

Digg!

No comments: