Friday, September 12, 2008

Lauren Conrad The Author- Not Kidding

This is probably going to make a lot of people sick. Those people who have been busting their butts, writing for years, trying to get their own book deal. But as we all know, life isn't fair.


First reality star, then clothing designer and now author??? Lauren Conrad seems to be a smart little 22 year old. This chick is working it from every angle.

Well, maybe not so smart in her personal life but she IS finding a way to make a damn good living for someone her age, all things considered. Just like Paris and Nicole, Lauren has turned herself into a brand.

And now part of that brand includes being an author. Lauren has got herself a gig with HarperCollins. According to their press release, the fictional three-book series based loosely on her life that is titled "L.A. Candy," tells "the behind-the scenes story of a young girl who moves to L.A. and unexpectedly becomes the star of a reality television show."

The character realizes that "everyone wants something from her, and nothing is what it appears to be."

Ooooh, now that's something new.

Lauren is writing the sort of books that she has always enjoyed herself. She said, “I’ve always loved books that I could lose myself in, ones that would transport me to another place, but had characters I could relate to. I’m so excited to have this opportunity to write books like that for other readers.”

We know that these are going to be exhilarating reads because she's got the best and most appropriate proof reader in the world to bounce her ideas off of, Lo, the professional pouter.

Lauren told People, “I run ideas by Lo, and I’ll ask for her opinion because I value my friends’ opinions.”

Good idea Lauren. We all value Lo's opinion.

Hold tight cuz we will all have to wait until next summer to get our hands on a copy of "L.A. Candy." Darn it!


Digg!

Photo credit: Tom Vickers/Splash News Online

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck for her, but my wonder about her design line did she success on it ?