Sunday, July 20, 2008

Leno Rages Against NBC In His Jay Sort Of Way


In an interview with USA Today, Jay Leno finally speaks out. He does not do this often but I think that he is probably a little bit more than just pissed off at NBC for pushing him out next year. To be more exact, for firing him. And in 2009, Conan O' Brien will be his replacement.

Hanging out at Leno's garage he said, "I am definitely done next year — with NBC," When asked if he would he go to another network? Leno replies with a smile on his face, "I'm not a beach guy, and the last time I was in my pool was to fix a light. Don't worry, I'll find a job somewhere."

Leno goes on to say, "In showbiz, your success is totally subjective. 'Oh, the ratings are great, we love you. Oh, they're not, we don't love you. Here in the shop, if something is broken and you fix it, you know you can be proud."

This sucks for Leno but I'm sure that he will land on his feet. I'm wondering what is going to happen to his staff though. One of my friends has been with the show since Johnny Carson was still there. I'm afraid to ask in case it's a sore subject. Jay may not be the only guy who's gonna be out of a job.

Digg!

No comments: